The first time a cell biologist discovers that there might be a lipid involved in their favourite pathway, it’s a bit like finding a wall across the road (just the same situation as when a lipidomist finds a protein in their way…).
Due to the different nature of lipids, most cell biologists fear having to face this situation along their way. The good news is that there are some simple methods to help overcome this obstacle, and make the studyof lipids in a given pathway easier. Here, I’d like to go over some analytical and preparative tools for lipid-ligand interaction studies.
Most popular posts
- HeLa cells: Origin of this important cell line in life science research
- From RUO to IVD - the acronym guide to reagents' intended use
- Differentiate between Apoptosis, Necroptosis, Autophagy & Ferroptosis
- Multiplex profiling in one single blot: 15 species models to choose from
- Safe-Harbor, the new way to work?