Column-free, Caustic Solvent-free DNA or RNA Purification
Epicentre® (an Illumina Company) has developed a series of MasterPure™ DNA and RNA purification kits for nearly any sample type. While Epicentre’s QuickExtract™ DNA Extraction Solution is designed for the fastest extraction of low abundance DNA for PCR, the MasterPure™ kits yield the highest quality DNA and RNA for applications such as:
- NGS genomic DNA and RNA-Seq library preps
- DNA methylation/epigenomics studies
- Genomic DNA and cDNA cloning
- qPCR and qRT-PCR
These kits offer a simple protocol for the purification of Genomic DNA, cellular RNA, or total nucleic acid (TNA):
The MasterPure™ Complete DNA and RNA Purification Kit offers a user-friendly protocol for total nucleic acid (TNA) purification. Users then simply treat their TNA with RNAse or DNAse to be left with pure DNA or RNA, respectively. Quick precipitation/washing steps are then used to remove the nuclease. The RNA purification protocol is designed to purify all RNA including small RNAs (miRNA, lncRNA, etc.) that cannot be purified by most column systems.
This system has a variety of benefits over both column-based and solvent-based systems such as TRIzol® and RNAzol®:
- Fast: Total Nucleic Acid (TNA), DNA and/or RNA can be purified in 30-60 mins
- Safe: MasterPure™ kits do not use hazardous phenol, chloroform or guanidine
- Yield/Quality: Very high yield and A260/A280 ratios between 1.8 and 2.0
- Proven: Almost 3000 pubilications have used Epicentre’s MasterPure
- Scalable: Adjust quantities to any sample size
Among available kits, the MasterPure™ Complete DNA and RNA Purification Kit is the most versatile, enabling DNA or RNA purification from a variety of samples: Whole blood, plasma, buccal cells, liver, mouse tail, kidney, saliva, cell lines, paraffin-embedded tissues, Guthrie cards, mouse tail, corn, geranium leaf, E. coli, and lambda phage.
More specialized kits are available for either DNA or RNA purification from specific tissue types including yeast and plant tissue and are a nice alternative to dangerous hot phenol protocols:
- MasterPure™ Yeast DNA Purification Kit
- MasterPure™ Yeast RNA Purification Kit
- MasterPure™ DNA Purification Kit
- MasterPure™ RNA Purification Kit
- MasterPure™ Plant Leaf DNA Purification Kit
- MasterPure™ Plant RNA Purification Kit
- MasterPure™ Gram Positive DNA Purification Kit
- MasterPure™ Blood DNA Purification Kit version II
Still wondering what DNA or RNA purification kit to choose? Consult Epicentre’s selection guide or contact your local distributor for advice.
Legal notes: TRIzol® is a registered trademark of Life Technologies. RNAzol® is a registered trademark of Molecular Research Centre, Inc.