Immune checkpoint molecules play an important role in T cell functionality after TCR/MHC signalling. Blockade of two B7/CD28 family checkpoint molecules, CTLA-4 and PD-1, have already demonstrated excellent efficacy in increasing T cell responses to a variety of tumours. Identification of novel target and new checkpoint blockade remains a key element in Drug Discovery (See “Drug discovery: Immunotherapy checkpoint research for new Cancer treatments“). In this post, let’s take a look at the “Quantibody® Human Immune Checkpoint Molecule Array 1” for the detection of 10 Human Immune Checkpoint biomarkers.
Therefore, VitroGel™ 3D fits perfectly with our “cellphy” offer, providing life scientists with reagents and laboratory services mimicking the physiological environment of the Human body in vitro, for more physiologically relevant experimental data.
- VitroGel™ 3D (cat. nr TWG001): an animal origin-free hydrogel system mimicking the natural ECM, ideal option for floating cell lines.
- VitroGel™ 3D-RGD (cat. nr TWG002): RGD peptide modified hydrogel of VitroGel 3D promoting cell attachment and cell-matrix interactions for 3D-culture and 2D-coating (invasion/migration, chemiotaxis…). Best solution for adhesion cell lines.
Nipah Virus Infection (NiV) is an emerging infectious disease of public health importance in the South-East Asia Region (source: World Health Organization). Along with Hendra virus (HeV), NiV is part of a new genus designated Henipavirus. Fruit bats have been identified as the natural reservoirs. Nevertheless, pigs, horses, goats, sheep, cats and dogs can also be infected and transmit the virus.
Symptoms of NiV infection are similar to influenza and in some cases can lead to encephalitis. The case fatality rate is high (40-70%) and there is no specific treatment. While able to bind with cellular EphrinB2, NiV G Protein (NiV-G) exhibits the antigenic epitopes and conformation necessary for specific antigen–antibody recognition. For this reason, Meridian Life Science have recently developed new Nipah virus glycoprotein (NiV-G) products suitable for the R&D projects of NiV using ELISA tests.
Released by the kidneys, Renin is an enzyme which belongs to the Renin-Angiotensin system (RAS) and is involved in blood pressure homeostasis.
In healthcare, Renin assay blood tests can be performed to find the cause of high blood pressure (hypertension). When tested alongside with Aldosterone measurements, one can obtain a complete understanding of an individual’s hormone balance.
In preclinical and fundamental research, a Renin ELISA test therefore becomes of interest to monitor this biomarker in various disease states particularly when analyzed together with other biomarkers like Aldosterone and Cortisol. Different disorders can then be differentiated such as Primary and Secondary Hyperaldosteronism, Cushing syndrome, and Addison’s disease (adrenal insufficiency)…
Most popular posts
- HeLa cells: Origin of this important cell line in life science research
- From RUO to IVD - the acronym guide to reagents' intended use
- Differentiate between K48- and K63-specific Ubiquitination
- Differentiate between Apoptosis, Necroptosis, Autophagy & Ferroptosis
- How to choose the perfect buffer to get a pure, stabilised, functional protein