Pre-screened endothelial cells validated for signalling biomarkers
Working with primary cells can be tricky at times. It’s always best to know in advance what essential markers your cell model does express not to waste time and efforts in working with an inappropriate model. Cell Applications, GMP certified Primary cells provider, has understood this need and provides pre-screened cells for a variety of models: endothelial cells, skelettal muscle cells and pre-adipocytes. This post will focus on endothelial cells, ranging from human dermal and lung microvascular endothelial cells, aortic or umbilical vein cells, including pulmonary artery endothelial Cells from asthma patients. Which biomarkers were tested on these cells? How was expression assessed and what are the cell formats available? This post will tell you more about it, and will suggest related products in this field that may also be of interest to you.
Which are the biomarkers tested on these pre-screened endothelial cells?
Cell Applications have pre-screened some of their HUVEC, HMVEC, and HAOEC to demonstrate stimulation-dependent angiogenesis and key endothelial cell signaling pathways (phosphorylation of VEGFR, Akt, MAPK, and expression of Tie2, eNOS, Axl and Etk/Bmx).
- Tie2, a receptor tyrosine kinase is critical for the angiogenic remodeling, sprout formation, survival of endothelial cells and vessel stabilization processes.
- eNOS, endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase, the enzyme that produces NO which is an important signaling molecule that regulates a diverse range of physiological events and is required for normal endothelial function
- Axl, a receptor tyrosine kinase whose ligand is the survival factor Gas6 (growth arrest-specific gene 6 product), is implicated in cell survival, leukocyte transmigration and neointima formation
- Etk/Bmx, Endothelial/Epithelial Tyrosine Kinase, a member of the Btk family, participates in signal transduction stimulated by growth factor receptors, cytokine receptors, G-protein-coupled receptors, antigen receptors, and integrins, and has been implicated in cell adhesion, migration, proliferation and survival.
The image below illustrates activation or expression of these biomarkers in these endothelial cell types available as pre-screened cells:
Which endothelial cell types are available as pre-screened formats?
- Human Dermal Microvascular Endothelial Cells (HMVEC/CADMEC)
- Human Aortic Endothelial Cells (HAOEC)
- Human Lung Microvascular Endothelial Cells (HLMVEC)
- Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVEC)
- Human Pulmonary Artery Endothelial Cells (HPAEC)
For all the above cell types, a few batches have been selected for pre-screening and are available either as total kits including all media and subculture reagents, or as cryo-preserved cells. No need to optimize your protocole when using the total kit format, it has already been done for you by experts and offers a full guarantee on the results. For all these cell types, standard endothelial cells markers are also tested as standard procedures. An example is shown below with Human Lung Microvascular Endothelial Cells.
I have listed for you below all the available options, either kits or cells only:
S100K-05a : Cryopreserved CADMEC Total Kit, Pre-Screened, Adult: 5×10^5 Cells. S100-05a: cells only.
S100K-05n: Cryopreserved CADMEC Total Kit, Pre-Screened, Neonatal: 5×10^5 Cells. S100-05n: cells only.
S304K-05a: Cryopreserved HAOEC Total Kit, Pre-Screened, Adult: 5×10^5 Cells. S304-05a: cells only.
S540K-05a: Cryopreserved HLMVEC Total Kit, Pre-Screened, Adult: 5×10^5 Cells. S540-05a: cells only.
S200K-05n: Cryopreserved HUVEC Total Kit, Neonatal Pre-Screened: 5×10^5 Cells. S200-05n: cells only
S302AS-05a: Cryopreserved HPAEC-AS, adult, Pre-Screened from donor with Asthma (5×10^5 Cells)
A selection of products to support endothelial cells model studies
- Biologically active VEGF specially designed for cell culture, expressed either in E. coli or HEK293
- MAPK phospho and signalling arrays to investigate expression and phosphorylation profiles of MAKP related proteins Highly validated
- Highly validated Akt pathway antibodies
- Easy-to-use microfluidics device to build relevant angiogenesis models for more physiological applications
I hope you have found some useful tools for your studies based on endothelial primary cells models in this post. Feel free to contact me if you need anymore information or if you did not find what you were looking for. I’ll be happy to help.