Cell signalling and STING studies – First cyclic GAMP immunoassay now available
The innate immune system is the body’s crucial first defense against viral infections and it is dependent upon a group of pattern recognition receptors. cGMP-AMP Synthase (cGAS) responds to the presence of DNA in the cytosol by producing 2’,3’cGAMP. Cyclic GAMP in turn binds to STING leading to TBK1-mediated IRF3 activation and the production of type 1 IFN.
Understanding the STING cell signalling pathway and the role cGAMP plays in a number of important areas, such as infection, cancer, inflammation & senescence, relies on cGAMP measurement. Good news – Arbor Assays have just released a new cGAMP EIA kit, read on to learn more!
2’,3’-Cyclic guanosine monophosphate–adenosine monophosphate (cyclic GMP-AMP, cGAMP, cyclic [G(2’,5’)pA(3’,5’)p]) was the first cyclic di-nucleotide found in metazoa. 2’,3’-cGAMP is also referred to as “non-canonical“ cGAMP due to the presence of the atypical 2’-5’ phosphodiester linkage between the guanosine and the adenosine. 2’,3’-Cyclic GAMP is a novel second messenger in innate immunity that regulates type I interferon (IFN) production.
Produced in mammalian cells by cGAS (cGAMP synthase) in response to double-stranded DNA in the cytoplasm binding to cGAS, cGAMP binds to the stimulator of interferon genes (STING). Subsequently STING induces the TBK1-IRF3-dependent production of IFN-β. This cGAS-cGAMP-STING pathway has been shown to play a critical role in pathogen detection and physiological conditions such as metabolic dysregulation, autoimmunity, and cancer.
To provide a tool for the measurement of cGAMP, Arbor Assays have developed an immunoassay (K067), which is in fact the first one ever to be released to date.
- Sensitivity – 0.08 pmol/mL, 4 fmol/well
- Sample type – Cell Lysates, Tissue Extracts, TCM
- Samples/Kit – 39 or 231 in Duplicate
- Range – 50 pmol/mL – 0.205 pmol/mL
- Time to answer – 2.5 hours
Typical data obtained
Related reagents you’ll also find of interest
- IFN beta related tools by PBL, the world’s specialist of interferon subtypes, monoclonal and polyclonal antibodies and assay kits for life science researchers
- Cyclic AMP Direct Enzyme Immunoassay Kits (K019-H1/H5)
- Cyclic AMP Direct Chemiluminescent Immunoassay Kits (K019-C1/C5)
- Cyclic GMP Direct Enzyme Immunoassay Kits (K065-H1/H5)
- Cortisol Enzyme Immunoassay Kits (K003-H1/H5)
Feel free to contact me if you’d like some advice in choosing the right cell signalling kit for your research.