10 most popular antibodies in neuroscience research
Analysis of neuronal cell fates and biological activities sometimes relies on the effective staining of a protein of interest (a.k.a. marker) with a specific primary antibody validated for immuno-assays. These markers are used for labeling specific neuron lineages and understand their roles in physiological and various neurological disorders (e.g. Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). The choice of guaranteed antibodies is crucial. In this post, a selection of the most popular primary antibodies used in neuroscience research and used by researchers all over the world is made. This selection of high quality research antibodies is illustrated with experimental results obtained from skilled scientists.
- Anti SR-1A (F312): a Rabbit Polyclonal antibody to 5-hydroxytryptamine receptor 1A compatible with WB, IHC and IF (Bioworld Technology – cat. nr 281S2180)
- Anti NCALD: a Rabbit Polyclonal antibody to Neurocalcin-delta for WB applications (Bioworld Technology – cat. nr281BS61223)
- Anti CALB2: a Rabbit Polyclonal antibody to Calretinin / Calbindin 2 for WB, IHC and IF applications (Abnova – cat. nr 157PAB20372)
- Anti GFAP: a Chicken Polyclonal antibody to Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein for WB & IF applications (Rockland Immunochemicals – cat. nr 039200-901-D60)
- Anti Prph: a Chicken Polyclonal antibody to Peripherin for WB and IC. A dilution of 1:5,000 – 1:10,000 is recommended for WB (BioSensis – cat. nr 211C-1399-50)
- Anti PAX6 (1C8): a Rabbit Polyclonal antibody to PAX6 (paired box 6) for WB, IHC, ELISA and IF (Abnova – cat. nr 157MAB10293)
- Anti ENO1 (8G8): a Monoclonal antibody to ENO1 (Enolase 1 or alpha-enolase (Abnova – cat. nr 157H00002023-M01) compatible with WB, IHC and IF
- Anti Aβ (MOAB2): a Mouse Monoclonal antibody to Amyloid beta peptide (A beta 40/42) to be used in WB/IP, IHC, IF and ELISA (BioSensis – cat. nr 211M-1586-100)
- Anti Tau pS416: a Rabbit Polyclonal Antibody to Tau microtubule-associated protein for WB analysis (Rockland Immunochemicals – cat. nr 039612-401-E42)
- Anti NTNG2 (4F11): a Mouse Mononclonal Antibody to Netrin-G2 involved in axon guidance (Abnova – cat. nr 157H00084628-M01) for WB, IHC and ELISA
Are you looking for antibodies 100% guaranteed for their applications?
Find your primary and secondary antibodies online at tebu-bio.com and benefit from tebu-bio’s 100% satisfaction guarantee and personalized technical advices !
Interested in learning more about tools like this?
Subscribe to thematic newsletters on your favourite research topics.