5 best selling Human cytokines in 2014….
The start of a new year is a good opportunity to take stock of the previous one… Today, let’s take a look at our best selling human cytokines in 2014.
First of all, a little reminder… Cytokines are signaling molecules that control the activities of cells through intercellular communication. Numerous families of diverse molecules are categorized as cytokines and/or growth factors.
So, which were our 5 most popular human cytokines in 2014?
- FGF-basic Human Recombinant: bFGF is necessary to maintain human embryogenic stem cell in an undifferentiated state in culture. The reason for this effect is not yet fully understood.
- research interests: angiogenesis/cardiovascular, cell culture, inflammation, proliferation, wound heating, cancer, FGF Superfamily, neurobiology, stem cells & differentiation
- SCF: Stem cell factor (SCF) plays a crucial role in survival, proliferation and differentiation of stem cells, especially hematopoietic stem cells and precursor cells.
- research interests: cell culture, proliferation, immune system, stem cells & differentiation
- Flt3-ligand: Flt3-ligand is structurally homologous to SCF, and it stimulates the proliferation and differentiation of a number of blood cell progenitors.
- research interests: cancer, cell culture, proliferation, immune system, stem cells & differentiation
- M-CSF: M-CSF leads to maturation of mononuclear phagocytes (such as macrophages and monocytes) from blood stem cells
- research interests: cancer, proliferation, stem cells & differentiation
- BMP-4: BMP-4 belongs to the bone morphogenetic protein family which is part of the TGFß superfamily (transforming growth factor ß). BMP-4 plays a role in early embryogenic development in the eye, heart blood, otic vesicle and the ventral marginal zone.
- research interests: angiogenesis/cardiovascular, bone/skeletal/cartilage, proliferation, TGF Superfamily, neurobiology, stem cells & differentiation
And which are the cytokines that you use the most?
And if you’re looking for any cytokines in particular, don’t hesitate to say which ones below!